2017-12-30: Weekly News¶
Again, sorry for missing last weeks report but due to the holidays last week has been included in this report. Next week will be back to normal.
Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Blender Development! Blender is the free and opensource 3D creation suite for the next generation of artist. Follow the development on Twitter @BlenderDev.
This Week in Blender Development is openly developed on Github so please report any recommendations, bugs, or PRs for this website there.
If you have idea for some great feature that you think should be part of Blender try making a post on https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/
Remember, you can test any changes done in master or blender2.8 by going to the developmental builds download page
Changes to Blender¶
- Fix scalability issue in threaded code of Mesh normals computation (Slight speedup) rBd130c66d
- Subsurf: Avoid global lock for loops and orig index layers (4x speed up) rBdf0ecd73
- Outliner/Collection: Interface for Master Collection Tree rBbbbdb27d
- Outliner/Collection: Operator to delete selected collections rB4d08ef82
- Outliner/Collection: Operator to create (nested) collections rB8252a414
- Collections: Allow collections from different “parents” to have the same name rBc9cb5dc3
- Collection: Name collection based on parent’s name rBc08dac00
- Implement duplicator viewport/render visibility options rBb89f2276
- Remesh modifier: support remeshing particle systems rB4945003f
- Add acceleration maps which should be also be usable in playback rB16f161e5
- Remesh modifier: support remeshing metaballs rBdf7d0e54
- Add “self collision” option for constraint islands, and randomize option for sphere shape radius and margin rB7babce30
- Add option to only output verts, meta threshold max is 100 now rB1010cdf4
- Add option to only output centroids as vertices rBe8958954
- Add grid fracture option rBfa7a666e