2017-12-16: Weekly News¶
Sorry for missing the post last week there was not much development so I decided to skip a week and include that content in today’s report. Also, due to the holidays there will likly not be a report next week either.
Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Blender Development! Blender is the free and opensource 3D creation suite for the next generation of artist. Follow the development on Twitter @BlenderDev.
This Week in Blender Development is openly developed on Github so please report any recommendations, bugs, or PRs for this website there.
If you have idea for some great feature that you think should be part of Blender try making a post on https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/
Remember, you can test any changes done in master or blender2.8 by going to the developmental builds download page
Changes to Blender¶
- Add eyedropper to color-ramp widget rB7ae4c3a0
- Modelling: Better bevel profile at extreme values of profile rBbdc15061
- Modelling: Array Modifier: option to offset UV’s rB6d31eb01
- Manipulators: view3d navigation buttons (see video) rB468ac903
- Group collections: viewport/render options and remove collection visibility rB1f5106de
- PyAPI: Message bus replacement for property notifiers rB7a8ac1b0
- Eevee: Add Irradiance Visibility rB5b6cfa70
- New Eraser with Lasso select rBc4dbe944
- Add Erase stroke with Ctrl key rBfa2cd280
- Add new option to simplify alternate points rB740506c7
- New Normalize thickness parameter rBc4e595aa
- New Vertex Group menu with Ctrl+G in Edit mode rBfc385754
- Add default grey color with fill to default Palette rB7335e091
- New Draw Specials menu with X key rB568f55e3
- Change default onion mode to keyframes rB9c350fa9
- New VFX light modifier rBa3930268
Again, have a look at the 2.8 WIP release notes: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.80