2017-10-07: Weekly News¶
Hello and welcome the first issue of This Week in Blender Development. The goal of the project is to allow users to easily see what has happened in development over the past week.
This is not a list of everything, our aim is to list changes of interest to end users.
This Week in Blender Development is openly developed on Github so please report any recommendations, bugs, or PRs there.
Changes to Blender¶
- Support CUDA 9 toolkit, and automatically disable
- Vertex Paint: Add projection options (matching projection painting) rBb2a10fa6
- Weight Paint: disable multi-threaded weight paint when mirroring is enabled. rB88dd45e1
- Weight Paint: add some color blending modes rB6092ded1
- Vertex Paint: expose old Spray option as Accumulate (matching sculpt mode) rBf4b1f9b9
- Weight Paint: use brush falloff to blend results of the smear tool rBa4721c05
- Python: bump minimum version to 3.6 rBcbe07d98
- Cycles: CUDA faster rendering of small tiles, using multiple samples like OpenCL. rB6da6f8d3
- Sculpt Mode: Add 2D falloff option rBd8509b34
- Vertex Paint: use brush front-face setting rB8ef757df
- Vertex Paint: move normal falloff into the brush rB471be7e7
- Cycles: CUDA bicubic and tricubic texture interpolation rB2d92988f
- Cycles: OpenCL bicubic and tricubic texture interpolation support rBf61c340b
- Add ‘x’ icon to active workspace tab to delete workspace rB33bed112
- Add curve options to Thick modifier rBef4c69a7
- Add new color pallet slot system rB7c9467ae
- Add a work in progress implmentation of FXAA rBcf87d575