2018-04-07: Weekly News¶
Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Blender Development! Blender is the free and opensource 3D creation suite for the next generation of artist. Follow the development on Twitter @BlenderDev.
This Week in Blender Development is openly developed on Github so please report any recommendations, bugs, or PRs for this website there.
If you have idea for some great feature that you think should be part of Blender try making a post on https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/
Remember, you can test any changes done in master or blender2.8 by going to the developmental builds download page
Changes to Blender¶
- PyAPI: Add PyC_Tuple_Pack_F64 utility rB31f2a675
- New utility to fix broken utf8 strings in old .blend files. rB96f565b3
- Write the scene render frame range to image/video files rB6c3110a6
- Added support for the WEBM/VP9 video codec rB7e39d151
- Use the newer version of the bullet 6dof spring constraint for rigidbody. rB26a283de
- Collections: Move to Collection: Popup for naming new collection rB0faa065e
- Workspaces: Remove workspace object mode rB1c24c04e