2018-02-17: Weekly News¶
Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Blender Development! Blender is the free and opensource 3D creation suite for the next generation of artist. Follow the development on Twitter @BlenderDev.
This Week in Blender Development is openly developed on Github so please report any recommendations, bugs, or PRs for this website there.
If you have idea for some great feature that you think should be part of Blender try making a post on https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/
Remember, you can test any changes done in master or blender2.8 by going to the developmental builds download page
Changes to Blender¶
- Cycles: Remove Fermi support rB2eaf90b3
- Simple hair children: Make twist affected by texture rB6d4022f6
- Simple hair children: Make twist affected by vertex group rB67cec973
- Simple hair children: Initial implementation of twist control rBffde74a8
- Cycles: Implement index output for hair node rB37f65e9d
- Nodes: Display image name if any in the Cycles Image and Environment Texture node title rBd640ce40